Again, as I type this, I guess it's snowing in the Midwest. Or snowed. Or will snow soon. The good news for me? I think we're officially done with snow here (and have been since 2010). I ran to the gym in the middle of my workday without a coat. It's warm enough some days that I've started dreaming of flip flops and sandals and spring dresses (note: mid-50s). I know I wrote in the last post that I was jealous of the snow and I definitely was. But I also love, love, love the changing of seasons. And I'm so excited to see what the coming of spring does to my neighborhood and its al fresco-readiness.
I'm afraid there's not much to report from our end. Last weekend was very low-key since Matt arrived home around 10pm Friday night and left again at 4pm on Sunday. We, of course, enjoyed some more fine London cuisine - I ate Indian on Friday night, we ate Latin American on Saturday (and then saw Black Swan, which scared the crap outta me) and I enjoyed my first (London) sushi meal with a friend on Sunday night. However, I will say that I'm already counting down the days until we come back to Chicago (possibly end of August?) for a proper meal of sushi - it's just not the same here. They do plain, but quality fish well enough, but I really enjoy the rolls with all the extra stuff/sauces/spice/etc.
This weekend will be much of the same, I imagine. Matt arrives home from Poland on Friday and is in town all next week (yay!). We're planning dinner with friends Saturday aaaaand hopefully more laziness.
Anyway, sorry for the most boring post ever, but I was inspired to blog even though I had nothing interesting to say. Oh well.
Counting down the days until BJ visits next weekend!!
I'm afraid there's not much to report from our end. Last weekend was very low-key since Matt arrived home around 10pm Friday night and left again at 4pm on Sunday. We, of course, enjoyed some more fine London cuisine - I ate Indian on Friday night, we ate Latin American on Saturday (and then saw Black Swan, which scared the crap outta me) and I enjoyed my first (London) sushi meal with a friend on Sunday night. However, I will say that I'm already counting down the days until we come back to Chicago (possibly end of August?) for a proper meal of sushi - it's just not the same here. They do plain, but quality fish well enough, but I really enjoy the rolls with all the extra stuff/sauces/spice/etc.
This weekend will be much of the same, I imagine. Matt arrives home from Poland on Friday and is in town all next week (yay!). We're planning dinner with friends Saturday aaaaand hopefully more laziness.
Anyway, sorry for the most boring post ever, but I was inspired to blog even though I had nothing interesting to say. Oh well.
Counting down the days until BJ visits next weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment