We cannot BELIEVE it's November already. We've been here for nearly 11 weeks and it's flown by. Makes me think that February 2012 will be here tomorrow so we continue to make the most of our time here...
Last weekend was a bit of a drinking fest and while we had a really great time, Matt and I both agree that our post-college bodies cannot handle 3 solid days of drinking in a row. Friday night was a KPMG happy hour for other secondees - we didn't do much mingling so much as chatting up our Buffalo friends, oh well. Afterward, Matt, Sandy, Mike and myself headed to Chinatown for dinner - to the Friendly Inn where, according to NFT, Londoners go for Chinese - and it was SO good, the best Chinese we've had since we've been here (with the exception of dim sum - but that's a whole different category). Our dinner was further enhanced by a hilarious old Chinese woman that repeatedly told the boys how to treat women. Awesome. By the time we left, the waffle man had packed up for the day, but fear not, we got waffles the next day. And the waffle man officially recognized us. Score.
Saturday, Matt and I got up and headed back to Chinatown for a dim sum lunch. We went back to the same place where Scottie, Sarah and I ate dim sum a few weeks ago because I knew what to order (they don't have pictures on the menu and the descriptions are quite short, which makes it more difficult to have any clue what you're ordering). Mmmmm, it was so good. In case you haven't noticed, I'm a bit obsessed with Chinatown. It's my favorite place to go in the city. But back to the meal, Matt enjoyed dim sum quite a bit and we topped the meal off with the above-mentioned waffles. We spent the afternoon FINALLY getting Matt an Arsenal jersey and wandering up Regent Street.
Saturday night, we headed to a Halloween party that we were invited to by a friend of mine from yoga. The party is the only social gathering her husband's company puts on during the year so they foot the bill. For SIX HOURS OF OPEN BAR (9pm-3am). You can guess how great we felt come Sunday morning. The party was really fun and we made some friends from Canada, Australia and the states. We dressed as an outlet and plug - pictures to be posted soon.
Side note: I often update the pics but forget to mention it in a post so you'll just have to check the folders on the right side of the blog from time to time.
People LOVED our costumes, which made Matt very happy because the costume was his idea, and all night, we had to show people how you could actually insert the plug into the outlet. Yup. Most people in Britain only dress up as "scary" things for Halloween, but our party was full of funny costumes like a character from Fraggle Rock, a shark with human legs coming out of its mouth and a giant weird pink monster thing. We called it a night around 1am and may or may not have grabbed a PJ pizza on the way home.
Sunday morning was rough, but we dragged ourselves out of bed to meet friends for a roast on Baker Street. For those unfamiliar, it's quite common for many pubs to have a "roast" on Sundays, meaning they'll serve beef, chicken, pork and vegetarian roast dishes with lots of yummy roasted vegetables. So 10 of us met up to enjoy delicious food and then we all headed to Wembley Stadium, where the Broncos and 49ers game was. We had a great time enjoying real football...or whatever game the Broncos and 49ers were pretending to play. All in all, one of the best weekends we've had since we've arrived.
Day-to-day life is going well too. Matt's doing well at work and is staying very busy. I had an interview last week for a position with a group called Cancer Research UK, but did not get the job. I got feedback this week and found out I was their second choice. Bah. Oh well, I continue to apply and stay positive. Matt is considering running a half marathon in the spring with Sandy and Mike - it's in Paris! - but is deciding if training can fit into his schedule. I wouldn't argue with another trip to Paris. :)
That's it for now. Hope all is going well back at home. Oh and I'd like to congratulate Lisa and Kevin on the birth of their adorable son, Lucas Ervin!
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment