Hooray! We have an accepted offer on #5!! The landlord responded just this morning and the next steps involve some paperwork, but we will hopefully move in around September 20. Unfortunately, this means more expensive time in our temporary flat, but as long as this goes through, I don't care.
We had another wonderful weekend. You already know about Friday so I'll start with Saturday. Our original plan was to head to Camden market with Annie, but tube closures made the trip ridiculously long so instead, we headed to Sloane Square in search of new shoes for Matt. We happened upon a small market in the square and had a great lunch. Matt tried a pie (I believe made by the Pie Minister? Or some similarly catchy name.) called Porky Pig (again pics to come later) - it was awesome. I've been hesitant of the traditional English pies thus far, but this one was really delicious. I had a Carribean Roti wrap - it had hummus, spicy lentil sauce, tomatoes, avocado and a bunch of other tasty things. We shopped around for a bit - found shoes for Matt at Russell and Bromley and picked up some fun things at a store called Muji. It's one of my new fav. stores - most of the packaging is in Japanese (I think), but it's a sort of container-store-meets-west-elm-meets-a-cute-clothing-store. And relatively cheap - yay!
We then headed to dinner with our London gang of friends - Mike, Sandy, Brock and Annie (our temporary London friend - she'll head home in another week :( ). Sandy had heard about a neat-o Asian restaurant called Inamo. We had to go at 5:15pm because it was the only time available, but the deal is, you get your table for a specific amount of time (we had 1.5 hours). Basically, each seat at the table has a computer built into the tabletop so you use your mouse pad to order everything - drinks, food, etc. It was SO fun. Then they would just bring it to you. I started with spring rolls that were outstanding and then had grilled tiger prawns, which arrived with the heads still on. That was a first. Luckily, they popped right off - I had visions of wrestling with my prawns, trying to decapitate them. After dinner, we headed back to Chinatown to introduce Sandy, Mike and Brock to our favorite Chinese waffles - yum! Next up was pub #1 then pub #2, which was where we parked ourselves for the remainder of the night...and proceeded to have a few too many pints. Whoops. But all in all, it was another great night out in London.
Sunday was spent mostly sleeping, then lazying around the flat and watching Charlie Wilson's War and the Pursuit of Happyness - both great flicks.
I'm off to do a little grocery shopping. Hope everyone back home is enjoying their Labor Day!
yay for the flat!
ReplyDeleteyay for muji! the one here is pretty limited, but the ones in hk/shanghai were great...they even had a grocery section! i need to get to a japanese muji one day.
do your waffles look like eggos, or are they waffle-type batter molded into little pods?
...and one more yay for meat pies!
ReplyDelete